Image Map

Friday, September 27, 2013

Vashon wedding photographer: A day with Cicada Bridal

So, during my journey as a photographer, I like to stretch my comfort zone into areas that are new. It allows me the opportunity to expand my portfolio, and learn new things, meet new people. That appetite to learn more, has opened the door into something I never knew that I love to do. Fashion photography!

As a connoisseur of the many black pairs of Old Navy yoga pants I live in, and the extreme need for a new hair cut, I cannot say I am a fashionable person by any means, however, I sure can appreciate the beauty of a gorgeous dress when I see one. Swoon.








Last year, I was asked by Cicada Bridal of Seattle to do a fashion shoot for their new line of wedding dresses. It was an extreme honor for me, and I have worked with them many times since, and am always blown away with the many talents of Elizabeth and Jen, and the gorgeous gowns that come out of their shop.






















Lovely gowns, no?




Earlier this week, we dodged raindrops to do the latest shoot, a taste of their 2014 collection. I got to work with my favorite model, Giselle, who is as beautiful on the inside, as she is on the outside. It is a rare combo, but this girl has it. A rare gem indeed, and so great to work with, too!



























I have to say, I am quite smitten with the world of fashion photography, and would love to do more. We will see what the year ahead, brings!

If you, or anyone you know is in the market for a wedding dress, you can find the dress of your dreams at Cicada Bridal.


And now, inspired by that photo shoot, I will push away the bowl of candy corn I keep at my desk and chomp on some celery sticks instead.

Ya. That didn't last long.

 Back to the candy corn, like a moth to a flame.

: ) !





No comments:

Post a Comment