Image Map

Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Vashon wedding photographer : A Very Vashon Wedding

Welcome to the new blog! This will give me an opportunity to share with you some of the fun I get to have, the new people I get to meet, and to have you along for the ride of this photography journey I am on.

Let me just tell you, I love Vashon weddings. Something about the Island is magical when you call upon a wedding to happen on this little swatch of land. Maybe it's because I have lived here for over 30 years and it is familiar to me, or maybe it is the truth. Maybe it is as magical as I think it is, and having a job photographing a wedding on these beautiful summer days is icing on the cake. Wedding cake. that is. ; )

I met Eva a little over a month before the wedding to go over details. This was going to be one of the bigger weddings I have had to do, and the day was going to be split in two. The ceremony was to be held in downtown Seattle, then we were going to move the whole sha-bang to the Island, down past Dockton, for the reception. Gulp. I have to say, I was a bit nervous, having all those people go from point A to point B in a timely fashion, knowing the ferries have had a history of being a bit wonky on the weekends. Eva was cool and chill about it, so easygoing and sweet, that she immediately put me at ease. Let me just say, the whole wedding was such a delight, she was a dream, a peach to work with, and made my job downright fun.

Well, the sun shined down that day, and the sea's remained calm, as did the ferries! Woot woot! I was so impressed with how the day went, and the transition went smooth from point A to B without a hitch. Since it takes a good while to polish up those images and get them ready for them to view, I thought I would treat them to a little sneak peek of what is to come! Thank you Brent and Eva, for such a magical Vashon day! I am so honored to have been your wedding photographer, and can't wait to show you the rest!
















































































































































XO~Marla

No comments:

Post a Comment